Search results

1. JustAnotherSquid

The Culinary Thread (edit - also acceptable: pocket knives and flashlights - not acceptable: canopies and mathematics)

Thanks! But I don't really have any of that. I wish I did! The pellet grill combined with a remote thermometer makes it all plug-n-play. No skill required.
  2. JustAnotherSquid

The Culinary Thread (edit - also acceptable: pocket knives and flashlights - not acceptable: canopies and mathematics)

This wasn't the best brisket I ever smoked, but it is a good example of the bark you get with a pellet grill!
  3. JustAnotherSquid

I started with an electric smoker and then upgraded to the pellet grill. I LOVE the pellet grill. Having said that, when it dies I'm going with a Big Green Egg (or Kamado Joe - I think those are equivalent?). If I can give any advice, it's just go straight to the Egg. Not that I've used one...
  4. JustAnotherSquid

I use the pellet grill to smoke a brisket a few times per year. (Also great: pork shoulder, ribs, standing rib roasts (yum!), and homemade bacon.) I used to use all kinds of seasoning blends for briskets but the past few years I've gone back to just salt and pepper. I don't spray anymore as...
  5. JustAnotherSquid

Outstanding! My kind of dinner! edit - I've been thinking about smoking a brisket and I think you just put me over the edge!
  6. JustAnotherSquid

Was: A thread that is only going to get worse as time goes on *** Is: A thread that is only going to get worse as time goes on

One of the things John Allen does really well is run a tight ship. (y) I'm glad both riders are ok. It could have been much worse.
  7. JustAnotherSquid

NAS

You can set an event on your calendar with a pop-up reminder. "BING! Remember to buy laundry detergent." They do have a notes-style server with a corresponding mobile app for your phone that would probably work better for that kind of thing but I haven't personally messed around with it.
  8. JustAnotherSquid

NAS

And I mean Network-Attached Storage not Naval Air Station. I started building servers for the home back in the mid-90s. We used them for all kinds of things (more on that later), but then about ten years ago I switched to pre-built NASes. The reason was that these little shoe-box sized...
  9. JustAnotherSquid

Was: A thread that is only going to get worse as time goes on *** Is: A thread that is only going to get worse as time goes on

Yes, the same MT-09 in both cases. I don't know what happened other than what you can see in the video and what I saw behind the R6 on the track.
  10. JustAnotherSquid

Tangentially, the MT-09 that was taken out was the same MT-09 from this: https://www.charlotteriders.com/forums/index.php?threads/was-and-kind-of-still-is-cmp-with-pre-june-4-5-but-definitely-is-haikus.707/post-9801
  11. JustAnotherSquid

It is incumbent upon us all to maintain smooth and predictable lines. The track is not our personal playground, right? Having said that, yeah that is 100% on the overtaking rider. If you plan your pass such that you can't handle the rider in front of you changing his line slightly then you...
  12. JustAnotherSquid

Since this is now a VIR North thread, in your opinion, who is at fault here? edit - I was behind the camera bike. It was not a pretty crash. What you don't see is the rider bouncing and tumbling allllllll the way down the front straight. I heard he broke his arm but is otherwise ok. He is...
  13. JustAnotherSquid

The Death of the V-Twin

I just rewatched that for the first time in probably ten years and wow, while it is definitely funny I'd forgotten how dark and sad it is also. :( There is so much subtle genius in it. It's written and acted better than most movies these days!
  14. JustAnotherSquid

The Death of the V-Twin

It turns out the whole thing is on YouTube! And here we went out and bought the DVD! This is 42 minutes long so if you want to watch it plan ahead! :D
  15. JustAnotherSquid

The Death of the V-Twin

Hey did you ever see Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog? It was good old-fashioned goofy fun - with some fantastic actors! It definitely accelerates briskly through first gear! In comparing it to a Versys 650, it seems to be a clear winner. A 90 degree v-twin is far more engaging than a p-twin...
  16. JustAnotherSquid

Track Day CMP 10-15/16

There's a very small chance we will sign up for one day, but it is looking unlikely!
  17. JustAnotherSquid

US Motorcycle Sales 1999-2016 (and beyond)

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/bmw-r1300gs-r1400gs-m1300gs/ R1300GS? Pfffft. What I want to know is, when do we get a GS based on THIS?
  18. JustAnotherSquid

It makes you wonder, what was the conversation that led up to that? "Hey let's go get a decent bottle of wine at the grocery store for $10. Wait! I have a better idea - let's buy some chicken and Nyquil!"
  19. JustAnotherSquid

I love the internet. https://www.techspot.com/news/96048-fda-dont-try-tiktok-challenge-cooking-chicken-nyquil.html
  20. JustAnotherSquid

Track Day CMP 10/1-2

Awesome! We will be splitting with Alan but he only has one bike so we'll have room for yours!