Recent content by AndyMX47

1. AndyMX47

Sat on one of these the other day...

Let me know a daily rate for the 390 adventure. Hopefully it's less than $1m. JAS rentals. With a little squid sticker on each bike. $$$ dinero grande
  2. AndyMX47

Boike’s and JAS’s (and anyone else’s) random questions thread that doesn’t want to start a new one!

Send it to Ohlins headquarters in Hendersonville. Could even make a weekend mini vacation and hand deliver it. https://www.ohlinsusa.com/service
  3. AndyMX47

Dual Sport

In the event anyone wants a mid-size adventure bike for a longer ride - rent! https://www.riders-share.com/listing/4JsFDYFWL3mGjZS9G
  4. AndyMX47

The Culinary Thread (edit - also acceptable: pocket knives and flashlights - not acceptable: canopies and mathematics)

Giant mushroom? Arrrrgh! You can't make me! I'll do lots of scary, high risk things, but eating mushrooms is not one of them.
  5. AndyMX47

ADV Ride Sandy Somethings…..11/26 & 12/4

Almost anything could handle the dirt/sand roads at Frances Marion. (mute the music - this was the first swamp fox video on the youchoob). The trails there would be a bit difficult on anything less dirt bike-ish. They are wide, but pretty deep sand. Enoree (Sumter) is trails only...
  6. AndyMX47

Sat on one of these the other day...

Interesting! KTM is never afraid to have a zillion different models. This may be a recording: I struggled a bit to ride the 790 Duke fast. I'm sure I could get used to it; the exhaust heat shield pushed the heel of my giant size 12 boot out, and I felt like I was sliding into the tank...
  7. AndyMX47

Good training info and links

This is great. Would be a good one to re-watch once in a while.
  8. AndyMX47

ADV Ride Sandy Somethings…..11/26 & 12/4

Hoping hoping hoping 690 goes this weekend, then 450 in the door shortly thereafter. Also looking to do a couple Frances Marion/Enoree weekends one Dec., one Jan. once the 450 is here (and has real tires), one day on the M/C one day on gravel bikes. Pretty awesome spot for dual sport.
  9. AndyMX47

The Culinary Thread (edit - also acceptable: pocket knives and flashlights - not acceptable: canopies and mathematics)

Hey, it's a bird. The things with hooves are what give people heart attacks and high blood pressure. Go birds. Hard to believe a person can survive eating birds.
  10. AndyMX47

Good news for people that like to crash!!!!

How foolish of me. Of course the answer is EVOO. I bet the exhaust smells nice when your rings are a bit worn out.
  11. AndyMX47

Good news for people that like to crash!!!!

Can we argue about oil here too? I think you all should use Rotella in your motorcycles. Engine, transmission, forks, blinker fluid, everything.
  12. AndyMX47

Track Day STT @ CMP 11-20

Very, very, very well played. I wonder if Mr. Knitter can knit? He must come from a long line of knitters.
  13. AndyMX47

Boike’s and JAS’s (and anyone else’s) random questions thread that doesn’t want to start a new one!

Hunter S Thompson quote. He was a journalist and a bit of a nut. A brilliant nut. He wrote for Car and Driver and Cycleworld years ago. Perhaps take his quotes with a grain of salt, as he did commit suicide. On the other hand, he had his ashes shot out of a cannon, so there is that.